HP Z240 Tower Workstation
Power, price, and size
HP’s entry level workstations just got better. The HP Z240 with two amazingly versatile form factors, packs the performance, features, and reliability of a workstation into the price point of a desktop PC.
Powered to manage your challenges
● Powerful processors, graphics, memory, and two optional ultra-fast HP Z Turbo Drives4 make the HP Z240 a true workstation-class solution. Handle your growing and complex workloads with performance for any stage in your work process.
Small price, big possibilities
● The essential features of the HP Z240 Tower easily support your workload with slots and ports to spare. When you’re ready for workstation class features, like professional ISV certifications, the HP Z240 Tower is the right first step.
Priced for your budget
● HP’s most affordable workstation allows you to customize your experience while still balancing your IT budget. HP reliability, thorough testing, and ISV certification means your HP Z240 is designed as a long-term budget friendly solution.
● Support your unique user needs with a choice of Windows 10 Pro1 or Linux operating systems.
● Get more performance, expandability and flexibility in the chassis the world loves.
● Achieve the performance you need with your choice of next generation Intel® Xeon® processors, Intel® Core™, or Intel® Pentium™ processors.
● Handle large files, reduce work time and increase performance with the optional HP Z Turbo Drive.
● Up to 64 GB DDR4 ECC memory helps provide no compromise capacity, performance, and reliability.
● Ignite productivity with NVIDIA professional graphics cards in 2D or 3D.
● Access AMD professional graphics including high-end 3D on Tower configurations.
● Help internal components stay clean and cool with a removable and cleanable dust filter.
● Charge your device using the fast charging front USB port.
Windows 10 Pro 641
Windows 10 Home 641
Windows 7 Professional 641
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro)2
Intel® Core™ i7 processor; Intel® Core™ i5 processor3
Processors3 Intel® Core™ i7-6700 with Intel HD Graphics 530 (3.4 GHz, up to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost, 8 MB cache, 4 cores); Intel® Core™ i5-6600 with Intel HD Graphics 530 (3.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost, 6 MB cache, 4 cores); Intel® Core™ i5-6500 with Intel HD Graphics 530 (3.2 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Up to 64 GB DDR4-2133 Unbuffered SDRAM
Standard memory note: Transfer rates up to 2133 MT/s Memory Slots 4 UDIMM
Integrated SATA (4 ports 6 Gb/s) with RAID 0 (striped array) and RAID 1 (mirrored array) supported on Windows operating system only. Requires identical hard drives (speeds, capacity, interface). Integrated RAID 0, 1 (data configuration) for PCIe SSDs.
500 GB up to 4 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
up to 500 GB SATA SED
256 GB up to 1 TB SATA SSD
up to 256 GB SATA SE SSD
up to 1 TB SATA SSHD
128 GB up to 512 GB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 (NVMe PCIe SSD)
HP Slim DVD-ROM Drive; HP Slim SuperMulti DVD-RW Drive; HP Slim Blu-ray Writer
SD media card reader (optional)
Drive Bays (Internal)
One 6,3 cm (2.5'');
Two 8,9 cm (3.5'')
Drive Bays (External)
Two 13,3 cm (5.25'');
One slim ODD
Integrated: Intel® HD Graphics 530; Intel® HD Graphics P530
Professional 2D: NVIDIA® NVS™ 310 (1 MB); NVIDIA® NVS™ 315 (1 GB); NVIDIA® NVS™ 510 (2 GB)
Entry 3D: AMD FirePro™ W2100 (2 GB); NVIDIA® Quadro® K420 (2 GB); NVIDIA® Quadro® K620 (2 GB)
Mid-range 3D: NVIDIA® Quadro® K2200 (4 GB); AMD FirePro™ W5100 (4 GB)
High-end 3D: AMD FirePro™ W7100 (8 GB); NVIDIA® Quadro® M4000 (8 GB)
1 PCIe Gen3 x16; 1 PCIe Gen3 x4 (x4 connector);
1 PCIe Gen3 x4 (x16 connector);
1 PCIe Gen3 x1; 1 PCI (optional)
Ports and Connectors
Front: 2 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0 (1 charging); 1 headphone; 1 microphone
Back: 2 USB 3.0; 4 USB 2.0; 2 DisplayPort 1.2; 1 DVI-I single link; 1 serial (optional); 1 parallel (optional); 2 PS/2; 1 RJ-45; 1 audio line-in; 1 audio line-out; 2 IEEE 1394b (optional)
Internal: 1 USB 3.0; 3 USB 2.0
1 USB 3.0 and 3 USB 2.0 ports available as 2 separate 2x10(3.0 x1, 2.0 x1) and 2x5(2.0 x2) headers. Supports one HP Internal USB 2.0 Port Kit and one USB 3.0 media card reader.
Integrated Intel® I219LM PCIe GbE; Intel® Ethernet I210-T1 PCIe NIC (optional)
Integrated Realtek HD ALC221-VB audio
400 W 92% efficient, wide-ranging, active PFC
HP Wireless Business Slim Keyboard;
HP USB CCID SmartCard Keyboard;
HP USB Business Slim Keyboard;
HP PS/2 Business Slim Keyboard
HP SpaceMouse Pro USB 3D;
HP USB 1000 dpi Laser Mouse;
HP USB Optical 3-Button Mouse;
HP USB Optical Mouse;
HP PS/2 Mouse;
HP Solenoid Lock and Hood Sensor (optional);
HP Business PC Security Lock kit (optional);
HP UltraSlim Cable Lock Kit (optional)
HP Performance Advisor;
HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) 7.1;
PDF Complete - Corporate Edition;
Cyberlink Power DVD and Power2Go;
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI;
HP Client Security Software;
170 x 442 x 399 mm
Standard desktop orientation
Exact weight depends upon configuration
Energy Efficiency Compliance
ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® registered configurations available
Compatible Displays HP Z27s 68,6 cm (27") IPS UHD Display;
HP Z27q 68,6 cm (27") IPS 5K Display;
HP Z24s 60,45 cm (23.8") IPS UHD Display;
HP Z Display Z30i 76,2 cm (30'') IPS LED Backlit Monitor;
HP Z27n 68,6 cm (27") Narrow Bezel IPS Display;
HP Z24n 61 cm (24") Narrow Bezel IPS Display;
HP Z23n 58,4 cm (23”) IPS Display;
HP Z22n 54,6 cm (21.5”) IPS Display;
HP DreamColor Z24x Professional Display;
HP DreamColor Z27x Professional Display
3-year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair.
Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.